FT234XD-USB to Basic UART-IC
FT234XD-USB to Basic UART-IC
- Stock: Out Of Stock
- Brand: Generic
- SKU: RM017740
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Data Rates: 3MBaud
- USB Speed: Full Speed (12Mbps)
- Package: 12-Pin DFN Package
- Operating Supply Voltage: +3.3V to+5.25V
This is FT234XD-USB to basic UART-IC. This USB2.0 Full Speed IC offers a basic UART to USB bridge in a compact IC package; 3x3mm footprint in a 12 pin, DFN package. The device is a UART, capable of operating up to 3MBaud, with low power consumption (8mA). The FT234XD includes the complete FT-X series feature set, including battery charging detection and enables USB to be added into a system design quickly and easily over a UART interface.
- The product may vary in shape, color, and markings as compared to the image shown depending upon availability.
- Refer to datasheet in the ATTACHMENTS section for more info. regd. the product.
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 2048 byte multi-time
- programmable (MTP) memory, storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, and RS232) at TTL levels.
- 512 byte receive buffer and 512 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to
- allow for high data throughput.
- FTDI’s royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement
- for USB driver development in most cases.
- Configurable CBUS I/O pin.
- Transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- UART interface support for 7 or 8 data bits, 1 or 2 stop bits and odd / even / mark / space / no parity
- Synchronous and asynchronous bit bang interface options with RD# and WR# strobes.
- USB Battery Charging Detection. Allows for USB peripheral devices to detect the presence of a
- higher power source to enable improved charging.
- Device supplied pre-programmed with unique USB serial number.
- USB Power Configurations; supports bus- powered, self-powered and bus-powered with power switching
- Integrated +3.3V level converter for USB I/O.
- True 3.3V CMOS drive output and TTL input; Operates down to 1V8 with external pull ups.
- Tolerant of 5V input.
- Configurable I/O pin output drive strength; 4 mA (min) and 16 mA (max).
- Integrated power-on-reset circuit.
- Fully integrated AVCC supply filtering – no external filtering required.
- UART signal inversion option.
- + 5V Single Supply Operation.
- Internal 3.3V/1.8V LDO regulators
- Low operating and USB suspend current; 8mA (active-typ) and 70uA (suspend-typ).
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.
- USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible.
- Extended operating temperature range; -40 to 85⁰C.
- Available in compact Pb-free 12 pin DFN package (3mm x 3mm) RoHS compliant.